Monday, July 18, 2016

INSTANT *CLICK* INSTANT CAMERA // REASONS TO GET AN INSTANT CAMERA


Okay, let me start this off by saying that I can list a lot of reasons why NOT to purchase an instant camera: 1) The film can cost you $$$, 2) It takes a lot of tries to get that one, perfect shot, and 3) You can have problems with the battery depending on your instant camera. On the contrary, this post will give you reasons why you SHOULD get an instant camera!


INSTANT MEMORIES!
I can't express this enough! The problem with today's modern cameras is that there's a lot of processes to develop your photographs. If you're an amateur like me who usually just gets photographs developed for memories and not an actual client, all the process the pros go over can be such a drag. Instant cameras from Polaroid or Fujifilm offers a couple minutes of waiting for your pictures to come out.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET
These photographs can't ever be truer. Although some instant cameras are getting more advanced - brightness control, exposure mode, and double exposure to name a few - the face you offer is the face you get! One of the things I love most about these types of camera is the purity it offers on its lens' subjects. These are instant cameras - no edit option. No deletion. You can only hide your silly pictures, haha!

WHITE/PASTEL AESTHETIC? CHECK!
DARK, DRAMATIC VIGNETTE EFFECTS? CHECK!
If you're an Instagram user with a default #aesthetic in his or her posts, you're surely going to like this! Instant cameras can be sensitive to brightness and darkness, with patience and time, you'll get to take that perfect shot of calming, pastel hues or the dramatic I'M-THE-ONLY-SUBJECT-IN-HERE effects.


I know that this is a very short list. Comparing and weighing this list to the one in my intro, people may favor a more advanced camera - and there's totally nothing wrong with that! However, the limited effort I can put into a piece of a photograph from my instant camera - may it be messed up or not - makes me feel more attach to it than all the photographs I have on my phone.

How about you? What do you prefer?
Connect with me!



No comments :

Post a Comment