Saturday, July 09, 2016

03 // WHAT'S UP, AIZEL?


What's up, Aizel? Nothing much, just that I literally missed an entry for this series. So much for a weekly post about my life, haha. I can't even keep up with written diaries, why did I ever think this will work out?

Anyway, I ended June with a nice, pampering spa/sauna from King Spa Fitness, and celebrated the beginning of July by cooking tons (okay, not so much) of food last 4th of July, not to mention I get to finally visit the Meadowlands State Fair the day after independence day!! AHH!!


This past two weeks have been a roller coaster for me. One that only goes up - although I have to admit it has its little bumpy side into it.

Besides crying over the final episode of Game of Thrones Season 6 and binge-watching this KDrama called, "Doctors," life's been doing great.


>>I went to Mitsuwa Marketplace twice in a row last June 24 & 25. I got myself my favorite black sesame ice cream from Matcha Love as well as a really cute notebook from Mars New York. Before I went to Mitsuwa on the 25th, though, I went to Elite's Belt Testing - the karate school Jeremy, aka The Boyfriend, goes to. I can still remember how frustrated he was with the kids, haha. Kohai Jeremy!



>>June 29th marks the boyfriend and I's 7th month together! I used to think time goes by so slow when we were still in our first couple of months, now that we're almost two-thirds away from our 1st anniversary, things seems to go by so fast!

We celebrated our 7th month together at King Spa Fitness*, a Korean sauna/jjimjilbang. I've always wanted to go there - being a KDrama fan only pushes me to visit the place.



>>The Picnic! Nothing beats a picnic with a BBQ, haha. I get to meet the boyfriend's long-time friends and play games - I haven't played party games in a long time! We won $5!


>>When July 4th came, I knew I had to make something to eat. We're a very small family at home, so we mostly get invited - although I tend to stay at home. I made traditional Filipino spaghetti, mashed potatoes, as well as grilled steak! They weren't bad except that I cooked the steak way too much that it was sort of hard to bite, haha!


>>I ended my first week of July by visiting the Meadowlands State Fair by the MetLife Stadium! I've always wanted to go here. I'm not a sucker for fast, heat-throbbing rides; I screamed at almost all the rides we went to. But I do love breath-taking rides where they take you up high to watch the color of the sky transition into different pastel hues while the people under were suddenly on mute. It was really calming to look at.

>>All of the commotion didn't stop me from bleaching my hair as well as working on this blog! I'm pretty surprised! 1) I almost gave up on my hair. I was at the point where I don't even want to touch them anymore because of laziness! Haha, but then I remembered all the money I spent on getting hair dyes - no way I'm going to let them go to waste! 2) I don't know if people have noticed, but I did quite a lot of changes in the blog's appearance. I changed my banner and "slogan" (Jeremy used to love the old one), I added a photo, as well as changed the comment system to Disqus.

It's amazing how all these events happened only in a span of two weeks. I still miss the beautiful sunset up above riding the ferris wheel. Ahh, carnival withdrawal! How about you? How have you been doing? 


Connect with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment