Sunday, February 12, 2017

05 // WHAT'S UP, AIZEL?


Hello, everybody!

It's been so long since I posted something personal on this blog. I have a huge feeling my intros in every post will consist of: "It's been so long," or "It's been forever!" Haha! I mean, it has been, hasn't it?!

I have been wanting of posting something about my life since last September, the moment everything just stopped working the way I thought it was going. I have been dropping hints here and there on my Instagram 21st birthday post and a little on my valentine's day makeup tutorial intro.

2016 WAS A STINKY YEAR FOR ME, hmph!
By June/July of 2016, I received an email from my college stating that I have passed the preadmission test for the nursing program. I was overjoyed, but at the same time, I know that was coming to me. I mean, I did everything! I studied hard for my classes and passed with A's and B's on all of them (I'm not bragging :(( ) I didn't miss any important lectures in school... Basically, I did every student would do to get into the program they wanted. And I got in! And everything was wonderful and my family was happy for me. I thought after the entrance exam everything will be easy-breezy. Aaaand, it wasn't.

This is a sort of a private matter, so please read with an open mind.

I don't have any of my medical records except for one and I don't have health insurance. My vaccination records from when I took them is nowhere to be found. My mom could've sworn I took them when I was back in school--and yes I do remember that, but I don't even know if people back then give records of immunizations--it's those type of programs where medical staff visit from school to school giving shots. What's more is that I am an immigrant with legal residency records in the USA, but I don't have health insurance for the reason that we cannot afford it. I didn't even know that everybody should have one (I don't even know if everyone has one) and that's what mostly what stopped me from getting into the nursing program. A health insurance is a major requirement for the reason that it is needed for clinical rotations--basically that portion in nursing school where your class go to a hospital department and study what goes and happens in there. The insurance was sort of a passport--if I have it then I can go and study every health department the school can offer me--but I don't. So I can't. And that shattered me.

I tried everything. I talked to a lot of friends. And friends of friends. Strangers in governmental organizations. I cried so much--inside a hospital bathroom, in my sister's car, when I talk to people over the phone, on my bed, and even when I wake up from sleep in the morning.

People around me are being so positive and hopeful--and I was too! But realistically, it wasn't happening. So I had to let it go. At that point, I realized that I'm going to take a break from school again.

SO I STAND TALL AND MOVED ON
At the time, I was starting two jobs at a Thai restaurant and as a customer service in a local store in my town. People are nice in both places, but of course, even in jobs, there are minor ups and downs. There are always complicated customers and coworkers, but it always works out--and in the end of the day, you just have to shrug it off.

I realized how strong Jeremy is on keeping me afloat. He was there along the way--maybe not physically all the time, but he was there with me up until now giving me support all the time. We reached our 1st anniversary together and we were both amazed at how we did that, we're basically just like, "whoa, we've been together for one year, whoa." The amazement is REAL. Haha!

I also started watching so many TV shows (that I can't remember now, ha!) and recently started reading webtoons! I recommend The Flash, The Little Pince (I'm not sure if it's still on Netflix), and please, please, please! READ New Normal: Class 8! The best comedy plus romance webtoon I've read yet!

SO, MAYBE 2016 ISN'T THAT STINKY AT ALL?
I learned so much from the past year. I learned that not everything goes the way you want to and life is so much more than what you've planned your future to be. There are a lot of people out there that are willing to help as long as you extend your hand towards them. And there are also people that care and you don't even know until they make it known. There are also little things in life that make every day a little better. And I just love how I survived all of the lessons 2016 gave me.

I know that this post is so corny and maybe not even thought provoking or moving. But that isn't the goal at all... This is just a little reflection on my life. I'm still moving and my feet aches sometimes, but it's worth it because all the pain I'm feeling right now will be worth it when I understand why things happen and when I actually achieve my goals.

How are you?
Connect with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment