Tuesday, March 21, 2017

BEST WEBTOONS TO READ!

LUNARBABOON | EP. 186 - UNDERSTOOD
Hello, everybody!

Back when I was younger, my mind was fed with entertainment such as cartoon network TV shows--Power Puff Girls (I'M BUBBLES, DON'T ARGUE WITH ME), Johnny Bravo, and etc.. When things got tough, we had to cut down our household bills and the cable network was one of them. So after that, I started getting into franchised Anime in local TV channels. Dubbed animes in Tagalog were fine and all until I started watching them in Japanese dubbed and since then everything felt weird, haha! My late teens, I started reading mangas online. I read quite a lot that I don't remember any of them anymore, LMAO--except for One Piece, of course, mi luv of mi laifu.

Anyway, I've recently mentioned that one of the things that kept me busy when I was on hiatus (recovering from my break at school) was reading webtoons. I can't completely say that this is the thing that I first did when things went crazy with school, but this is one of the things that made me kill time.

WHAT IS LINE WEBTOON?

Line Webtoon is basically a site or platform that publishes artists' self-made comics. It contains various genres and art styles; it could be a long, standing comics or a short chapter-by-chapter episode. Regardless of their style and differences, they could be either late-night laughs, butterflies-in-your-stomach situations, or inspiring and triggering thoughts.

MY TOP FOUR (weird, I know) WEBTOONS

The upcoming titles are loved unconditionally by yours truly in no chronological order, haha! 

1 // NEW NORMAL: CLASS 8 by Youngpaka
NN:C8 is about a student who's been troubled as he grows up until he moves into a "regular high school with non-regular students."

If you're looking for a slice-of-life comedy read, then this is for you! It focuses on people's differences and how they accept it and cope with it. Throughout the story, I noticed a huge improvement in character development with the protagonist. It's spirit-lifting and just plain funny!

2 // SUPER SECRET by Eon
Super Secret is a progressing comic. It's one of those long, standing comics (NN:C8 is one as well!) that is yet to unveil its mystery. Although, the story is still building up and I kinda don't have any idea what's going on (EON JUST STOP DROPPING HINTS AND TELL US WHAT IT IS), witches, foxes, and wolves that transform into humans are quite my liking, hehe! So if you're into fantasy and cute romance, then I recommend you to give this a try!

3 // LUNARBABOON by Lunarbaboon (made by Lunarbaboon for Lunarbaboon--know that meme? No? OK)
This one is a slice of life comic and a chapter-by-chapter comic as well. Lunarbaboon is the name of the artist and possibly one that I look up to every update. When I saw Lunarbaboon in my webtoon app home page, I know that this isn't the first time I've seen his comics. He's one those artists that convey deep, triggering thoughts or simply sweet, inspiring situations that he's had with his son and other family members. 

4 // MY GIANT NERD BOYFRIEND by Fishball
MGNB can possibly your #Relationshipgoals, haha! This one by Fishball is a new read for me and it tells a lot by how it reached my top four (I mean, I only have a few subscribed comics >//<). Whenever I read this comic, it reminds me of the boyfriend, don't ask me why it just does, haha! Fishball's MGNB is another slice of pizza--I mean life between a girlfriend and boyfriend that depicts really simple yet sweet scenarios of their relationship.

I'm really sorry this list ends with a very weird number! I have quite a few comics on my list but none can ever break as my fifth favorite. I've also been reading Brutally Honest, Miss Abbott and the Doctor, Adventures of God, and Noblesse; and all of them are amazing reads! So you can also give them a shot if you'd like to.

Reading is one of the things I loved as I step out of my teens. When I started college, things have gone busier that I actually stopped reading novels and mangas/comics. Hopefully, by reading webtoons I'll slowly go back to reading gazillion pages of books in the future! In the meantime, I'll enjoy the company of these lovely comics that in no comparison makes me feel wonderful as I used to when I read thick-ass novels, haha!

How are you? Do you like reading comics as well? Share some with me! :D




Connect with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment